Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Hot Dog Theory

Jillian has been my favorite since the premiere of the Bachelor. She seems very genuine and a great friend. Part of the reason she stood out was because of her Hot Dog Theory. A guy can pick one topping for his hot dog and it is supposed to reveal a lot about him.
  • Ketchup - good, All-American guy who probably is not a huge risk-taker.
  • Sauerkraut - bad boy all women think they want
  • Onion - this guy will never marry
  • Mustard - the guy that all women will ultimately want to marry

Jason chose mustard, which you could tell made Jillian happy. He may be a guy women want to marry, but he definitely is no different then most men. Indecisive and wanting what he doesn't have.

I just finished watching the 2nd show of the finale where they had Molly and Jason back to talk about their relationship. Jason mentioned that Molly is his best friend and it's great. If I'm not mistaken, Jason let Jillian go because she was the ultimate best friend. I'm sure there was much more to their conversation, but due to lots of editing that is the point abc was trying to make. I have great news though! I no longer am mad at Jason because Jillian is going to be the new Bachelorette!!! That announcement made my night and I can't wait for it to air.

Now, onto more important things. Since I posted last the weather got cold and we haven't been outside since! I think Lexi is so tired of being indoors and I don't blame her. It is supposed to be almost 80 degrees Thursday so I can't wait to enjoy that! Saturday night, my friend, Carly, came over along with Andrea. Carly was going to make her famous enchiladas and we were planning a movie night. The enchiladas were fantastic! Best I've ever had! Are you thinking you'd like to have the recipe? Well here it is:

  • 1 lb ground beef - browned and drained (can also use chicken w/ rotisserie chicken from deli)
  • 1 large bag of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 onion diced
  • 1 large can of tomato juice
  • 1 pkg chili seasoning
  • 1 pkg fajita size flour tortillas (at least 20)
  • 1 pkg bacon

Mix chili seasoning and tomato juice in large soup pot and heat till just warm and remove from heat. While tomato juice is cooking, fry entire package of bacon and save all the grease. Place 3-4 tortillas in tomato juice to soften and coat with sauce, fill with beef, cheese and onion, roll and fry in bacon grease. Fry on both sides until crispy. You can also make chicken/cheese/onion, cheese/onion, etc. Keep adding grease until all are fried. Keep fried enchiladas warm in oven until all are fried.

When I first heard of this recipe I thought "bacon grease"??? I also thought no way are these going to be good, but Carly proved me wrong. They were delicious! Definitely not on my diet, but no worries, I worked my butt off in cycle circuit and running to make up for it! I think Carly said they are only 5-6 points (Weight Watchers) per enchilada. I hope you will give them a shot and let me know what you think! I prefer the beef/cheese and the cheese/onion enchiladas the best.

Painting has been a slow process because Lexi is down to taking one nap a day. It ranges from about 1 1/2 - 2 hours and really doesn't allow me to get much done. She goes to daycare twice a week so I plan on getting as much painting done as possible!

In a couple of weeks I'm going to start helping a friend with his insurance agency. It'll only be a couple days a week, but it will be great to get out of the house and do something and I'll be helping a friend out. This may lead to something full-time and permanent, but we will see how much help he needs.

I know I had more to blog about, but I'm sleepy and I need my energy for painting and cycling tomorrow! Until next time!

post signature